Founded by Angela Natividad and Mathieu Lacrouts, Hurrah is an advertising agency fully dedicated to Esports and gaming. Among its clients: Coca-Cola, Domino’s, Nestlé and Danone.
Angela Natividad is the COO of Hurrah. She grew up in the Silicon Valley and has worked for 14 years in the advertising sector. In 2015 and after spending 3 years at Dare.Win, where she set up the international department, she launched Hurrah with Mathieu.
Angela participated in La French Touch Conference in 2018 in Paris. Brilliant and humorous, she chose to set up a business in France. She kindly accepted to retrace her journey with us!
1) What sparked the idea of launching Hurrah?
3) Are there any particular obstacles you had to face when launching your business here?
So to protect my visa, I had to keep working in freelance for other clients to sustain an income above the SMIC while also building my company.
3) What kind of advice would you give an entrepreneur who wants to leave his/her homeland to set up a business in France?
Spend some time here first and study the market and business environment. Talk to other entrepreneurs who’ve done it. Before coming to France, I read a lot about what challenges I would face online, but I didn’t take them seriously until I actually arrived and learned they were true. Cultural difference is a major factor in what we expect to encounter in new situations.
4) You participated in La French Touch Conference Paris this year. What do you remember about your participation?
The team is really lovely and the attendees represented a diversity of work, from classic corporations to tech startups to agencies. They all seemed interested in sharing information and cultivating international bridges.
5) What is your entrepreneurial philosophy?
Seduce and reassure. Protect your team. Never make work you don’t want to see. Inclusivity always. I could go on…
6) One last anecdote?